ADG7421F Dual SPST Switch
ADI's ADG7421F is a low voltage fault protection and detection, 12 Ω Ron, dual SPST switch
Analog Devices' ADG7421F is a low voltage, dual single-pole/single-throw (SPST), low on-resistance (RON) switch that features overvoltage protection (±60 V), power-off protection, and overvoltage detection on input pins. This solution provides significant space savings to traditional solutions.
The ADG7421F is ideal for providing overvoltage protection for small signals such as resistance temperature device (RTD) inputs and thermocouple inputs. The ability to protect against high voltages up to ±60 V coupled with a low voltage supply can enable complete low voltage input stages for industrial applications.
The EVAL-ADG7421FEBZ is the evaluation board for the ADG7421F, which features two single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switch channels. The ADG7421F has overvoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to ±60 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
- Up to ±60 V overvoltage protection/detection and power-off protection for low voltage (±1.8 V to 5 V) applications such as thermocouple and RTD temperature measurement systems
- Smallest analog I/O protection and detection solution in 3 mm x 2 mm LFCSP package to save space and allow for higher channel density
- Low switch on-resistance and on-resistance flatness suitable for high precision measurement signal chains
- Instrumentation: ATE
- Industrial automation: process control, analog IO module, and data acquisition
- Aerospace and defense
- General purpose: relay replacement